So what did we get? Well, basically...a big iPod Touch. 10 inch (diagonal measurement) OLED touchscreen... 10 hour built-in battery.
- 10 Hour Battery
- Amazing Screen
- Revolutionary Form Factor
- Some great new apps...the calender/diary is lovely...as is the photo album and iBooks eBook reader
- Battery is fixed
- No Multi-Tasking (Come on Apple!!)
- No OSX...it runs an iphone type OS.
- No USB, Firewire or any connections apart from the Multi-Pin. (sigh..)
- You have to hold it....
- It's 4x3 and not 16x9...why??
- Still no Flash support...
Personally, i wanted a small, ergonomic Mac that ran OSX. I wanted to do all the things i do on my Macbook but in a smaller form factor...like a netbook. I want to run Word, Photoshop as well as iTunes and all the usual Apple stuff... but that's not going to happen.
As for the name....iPad? Hmmmm... i'm sure it'll catch on eventually...i mean, if the Nintendo Wii can get away with it...
I'm sure it will take off... Apple rarely gets it wrong. But it's not for me just yet... but i won't rule it out. I'm sure some 3rd party people will bring out some better connectivity options via docks or something similar...and we'll probably see Word compatible apps pretty soon. It's just not the 'amazing game changer' i was hoping for.